Vocabulary: Words associated with Art
Listening:IELTS Section 2 - Radio program about a street exhibition
Task 2: Describe a favorite work of Art
Task 3: Advantages / Disadvantages of the arts society - Arts funding - Does Art have an educational role
Reading: Graffiti (Street Art or crime)
1. Art galleries waste of time for kids, says artists 2014 (link)
2. The Louvre is most visited art gallery 2013 (link)
3. Graffiti and litter linked to obesity (link)
4. Pensioner attacks famous work of art (link)
(link) Super Best IELTS
Describe a work of art that you really like. Tell:
* What it looks like
* Where you first saw it
* Why you like it
Describe a well-known painting you have seen or know about You should say:
* What it looks like
* What is interesting about it
* Why it is well-known
Objective IELTS 10.1 (Communicate) Pp. 8-13
Reading: Whistling in Gomera (Scanning / True - False - NG)
Grammar: The Passive
Speaking Task 1: Problems communicating
Listening: Part 1 (Completing a form)
Reading: The Functions of Language
NPR Listening (National Public Radio)
1. Miami Area Muralists Rouse A New Reputation For An Industrial City (link)
2. When There's Art On The Bus, You'll Get To Your Stop Sooner.
3. On A Roman Street, Graffiti Celebrates 'SuperPope'
Graffiti and Street Art (British Council) Link
TED: My wish - To use art to turn the world inside out (link)
Ted: Art that craves your attention (link)
Writing Task 1 (General) Letter of Complaint (lesson Link)
Letter of complaint language cards (link)
Writing Task 2:
1. Graffiti is a form of street Art. What is your opinion of graffiti as a form of art?
2.More graffiti would make the city look more beautiful.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
3.What are the advantages / disadvantages of legalizing graffiti?
4.Some people think that the government is wasting money on the arts and that this money could be better spent elsewhere.
To what extent do you agree with this view?
5. Art is considered an essential part of all cultures throughout the world. However, these days fewer and fewer people appreciate art and turn their focus to science, technology and business.
Why do you think that is?
What could be done to encourage more people to take interest in the arts?
6. Some people think that art is an essential subject for children at school while others think it is a waste of time.
Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
7. Artists need a certain amount of freedom to develop their creativity. Some people think that artists should have total freedom to express any thoughts and ideas.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
8. Most artists earn low salaries and should therefore receive funding from the government in order for them to continue with their work.
To what extent do you agree?
Writing Task 2: Two part question essay Worksheet (link)